Every year, Atlantic Vacation Homes has the wonderful experience of getting to know our first-time guests and welcoming back our returning guests. Part of the joy of the travel season is getting to experience the wonders of Cape Ann through their eyes. Sharing our love for the area is part of what makes our job special!
To that end, we get great satisfaction from hearing all about how much guests enjoyed themselves on Cape Ann and at our vacation rental properties. We have found that certain amenities and features are mentioned again and again in our reviews. Here are the top six things guests loved about their Cape Ann vacations with Atlantic Vacation Homes.
1. Being Able to Rent a Vacation Home So Close to the Ocean
- "My family have been long time vacationers to Rockport. We have stayed in many locations but The Cable House is by far our favorite. The location can't be beat. It's as close to the ocean as you can get without being actually in the ocean. Listening to the waves crash over the pebbles at night makes for an easy way to get to sleep. The very short walk to Cape Hedge Beach is wonderful, no need to drive."
- "Incredible location with ocean views, short walk to beaches, easy access to shopping and food. Well maintained property with great little touches.The whole family was impressed with this home." (Granite Pier)
- "There were beaches nearby, the ocean just down the street with tide pools, fishing, and a rocky coast for exploration." (Ships Bell House)
- "We have been staying at Long Beach House for over 5yrs. We love being so close to the beach and the cottage has everything you need to relax and have fun."
- "We were very happy with the cottage, which is rustic, but clean, charming and comfortable with everything we needed and beautiful water views. The deck overlooking the water is spectacular." (Happy Days Cottage)
The view of Pebble Beach from inside Cable House.
2. Travelers Love Having the Amenities of Home
- "We had a great time at the rental. It was clean, uncluttered with modern furnishings. The kitchen had more than enough glassware and plates, while still having plastic plates for the kids. The grill worked great." (Family Tides)
- "The house had an open flair but felt very comfy. It came with all the amenities needed for a perfect vacation especially a beautiful wrap around deck for coffee in the morning and wine in the afternoon." (Sea Fox House)
- "Our experience was the best from the time we arrived until we left. We felt we were in our own home. Everything anyone could possibly need to run a home was provided. Lots of hot water, to w and d, to utensils and most of all a wonderful porch where we had breakfast each day." (Happy Days Cottage)
- "The home was clean, well maintained, tastefully and well furnished and supplied, less than 5 minutes from the beach." (Grandview)
- "Two Beaches Cottage is a lovely property and was the perfect location to host a reunion for my family. The cottage kitchen is well equipped for preparing and enjoying meals. The living room, sunroom, front and back deck areas, in home washer/dryer, and bbq & yard are all wonderful features. We appreciated the beach chairs and beach towels."
Family Tides offers great amenities and plenty of space for vacationing families.
3. Staying Together as a Family is Priceless
- "Family vacation at Sea Vagabond Cottage. 7 adults, three grand kids and the family dog. Second time using this property. Everything was as it should be."
- "We stayed for a weeks vacation with our oldest son, daughter in law and 2 grandsons and had a wonderful stay. The location on a dead end street in a quiet neighborhood was ideal for a family vacation." (Ships Bell House)
- "The house was wonderful for our family reunion with 10 people. The large lawn going down to the rocks on the water was a great place for outdoor activities. The screened porch overlooking the ocean provided a beautiful location for many activities." (Point de Chene)
- "Long Beach House is a casual house, just perfect for large families. It was comfortable for seven children-some of them young adults-and for the parents and grandmother. It is a very short walk to the beach, where the children loved the waves and the tide pools with crabs."
- "Originally from Massachusetts I wanted a flexible property where I could house my family of older children, catch up with friends and family. It was important the house would suit my Dad, in his eighties, who isn't as mobile as he used to be. The house and location was a big hit with everyone." (Jacob Wirth House)
- "It was a wonderful very comfortable place for our family (age range 1-86) to gather for the weekend and mostly just hang out together, which was just what we were looking for." (Grandview)
The Jacob Wirth House is a comfortable family home with stunning water views.
4. Cape Ann is an Amazing Setting for a Spectacular Vacation
- "The view is breathtaking and it has one of the most beautiful sunset that we have ever seen." (Clamshell Landing)
- "The house is a few steps from a sandy beach, and has amazing views - you can see the ocean and the marshes behind the dunes. Amazing sunsets and sunrises!" (Captain's Cottage)
- "We LOVED the house with the beautiful porches surrounding the home. The views and sunsets are spectacular!" (Annisquam Singing Pines)
- "We spent a lot of time on the deck just looking at the water, birds, sky, and boats. The sunsets were magnificent as were the stars." (River Breezes)
- "This is a wonderful location right on the Atlantic Ocean. Large windows face east for a dramatic sunrise every day. Looking to the South you see a panoramic sea view of the Town of Rockport. At night the lights of the town twinkle through the trees as you sit on the deck." (Poet's Cove)
- "We were there for the August meteor showers which we could view right from our balcony." (Sea Vagabond Cottage)
Sunrise over the Atlantic at Point de Chene.
5. Finding a "Home Away From Home" to Return to Again and Again is a Joy
- "We absolutely love Waters Edge on Goose Cove in Gloucester! This was our second vacation there, and we hope to be able to come next year! The property is beautiful, the view unbelievable, the town charming, and the house so very comfortable."
- "Have been coming to Rocky Neck for 30 years each summer.Children and grandchildren are now sharing this special place." (Wonson Cove)
- "Six years in a row....the last 3 years were each for two weeks. Seventh year is coming up in 2019...again for two weeks. What else can I say." (Seaside House)
- "This was our third year at Sunrise on the Cove and remains as one of our favorite locations for a peaceful, beautiful vacation."
- "Spectacular view and soothing surf sounds from a fabulous Golden-friendly home away from home. Will be returning in the future." (Cable House)
- "This was my 5th year at this rental. I love the place and location." (Garden by the Sea)
See for yourself what our guests love about Garden by the Sea and other Atlantic Vacation Homes properties.
6. Guests Appreciate Our Highly Professional Staff
- "The property and managers surpassed our expectations. We would definitely book again."
- "Prior to our arrival, we communicated a couple times with AVH, and the staff there were always very helpful with information about this specific property as well as local knowledge of the area."
- "The rental agent provided excellent customer service when we called to ask questions. We will definitely return."
- "Atlantic Vacation Homes employees are very professional and always helpful."
- " Rental company was extremely helpful, answered our questions, even gave great advice on the best way to take public transportation to Boston."
- " I appreciated dealing with an actual rental agent not just a website that says someone owns a property."
- "I have been renting vacation homes for seven years and this one was by far the best experience ever. From the home itself to the rental agents everything was first class and I would rent it again and deal with the people at AVH who were very helpful and professional."
- "Atlantic Vacation Homes was incredible to rent through. Their prompt response to our questions made the booking process seamless and the app allowed us to have any information we may have needed right from our phones."
|||Atlantic Vacation Homes is the premier vacation home rental & real estate company on Boston's North Shore, with over 30 years of creating dream vacations for our guests. Situated a little more than a half-hour’s drive from downtown Boston, the North Shore is the ideal spot for an east coast vacation. We specialize in coastal vacation rentals for families, large groups, and anyone else who wants a beach vacation in Massachusetts.|