Already booked? Atlantic Vacation Homes is excited to welcome you! Use this guide to find out what’s new in 2022 and “know before you go.”
- Check-in and Check-Out Times
- What to Bring With You
- Cleaning and Safety
- Beaches & Recreation
- Local Events
- Checkout and Departure Procedures
- Lost & Found
Check-in and Check-Out Times
All Atlantic Vacation Homes rentals allow for “remote check-in” at the property. In 2021, we adjusted our check-in and check-out times. Check-in starts at 4 pm and check-out is at 10 am. Our ability to accept early check-in or late check-outs is extremely limited in the high summer season. We appreciate your cooperation and consideration in honoring our check-in and check-out times. View our policies on checking in and checking out.
What to Bring With You
All Atlantic Vacation Homes vacation rentals are equipped with furniture and furnishings such as: sheets and bath towels, pillows, bedspreads, blankets, pots, pans, dishes, and flatware unless otherwise stated. In addition, we provide a “starter amount” of toilet paper and paper towels. View the complete list of what is included in your vacation rental and what you should plan to bring with you.
Cleaning and Safety
Atlantic Vacation Homes has extremely high standards for cleanliness in our properties and our goal is always to ensure the health and safety for our guests, our homeowners, and our staff. While we have always taken the proper precautions and employed comprehensive cleaning procedures between each guest stay, in 2020 we developed even more rigorous sanitization and disinfection protocols following guidelines laid out by the World Health Organization, CDC, EPA, and the Vacation Rental Housekeeping Professionals (VRHP). Michelle Williams, Atlantic Vacation Homes’ General Manager, is the Chairperson of the VRHP Council and is on the Board of the Vacation Rental Management Association (VRMA) and also played a key role in developing the VRMA’s new SafeHome program, placing Atlantic Vacation Homes at the leading edge of the vacation rental industry’s standards and best practices.
You may also rest assured that our bedding, linens and towels are professionally cleaned in a commercial laundry that can provide the high water temperature, cleansing agents, and sanitization needed for proper laundering. Residential machines and over-the-counter laundry soaps are not the proper way to care for linens used for accommodations. We know this is an unconventional time, but we hope our commitment to providing the most well-maintained and clean properties gives you peace of mind.
Beaches & Recreation
Beach and public park regulations differ per town.
Starting in late May of 2022, there will be a new parking policy at Gloucester’s Good Harbor and Wingaersheek Beaches. Visitors to Gloucester (all non-residents) will need to book a beach parking space online, in advance. Note that cash payments will not be accepted onsite. Digital passes are to be sold via a self-service pass application called Yodel and online beach pass purchases may be made up to 10 days in advance.
Parking at Wingaersheek Beach and Good Harbor Beach is $30 on weekdays and $35 on the weekends. For more information, follow the relevant city websites.
- Gloucester Beaches & Parks
- Rockport Beaches
- Manchester-by-the-Sea Beaches & Parks
- Essex Beaches
- Beverly Beaches & Parks
Many events are coming back in 2022. Check Discover Gloucester’s event calendar for updates on Cape Ann events.
Checkout / Departure Procedures
Our standard departure time is 10 AM. Please be considerate of our cleaning and inspection teams, who need time to thoroughly clean and prepare the home for the next guests.
Before you go, please take care of a few things so we can ready the property for our next guests.
- Please leave the property neat and tidy with all dishes and cookware clean. (Please note: A charge of $250 will be automatically applied to your bill if any excessive cleaning is required after your departure or if excessive trash needs to be removed).
- You may leave all bedding on the bed. Please leave all used towels in the bathroom(s).
- Please make sure the refrigerator is empty.
- Place trash bags in the trash cans or barrels outside the house (making sure to put the lids back on) and leave recyclables in the designated bins. Recycling is mandatory and is single stream. Place all recyclables together – cardboard, paper, glass, metal and plastic containers. Metal and glass containers should be rinsed and paper and cardboard should be bundled separately and left beside or on top of bin.
- If you have moved any of the furniture, please return it to its original location.
- Close and lock all of the doors and windows.
- Leave all keys on the kitchen or dining table (if your property does not have an electronic lock). If there is a lockbox, ensure the lockbox key is put back into the box.
- Adjust the air conditioning or heat settings. SUMMER: Turn air conditioning off or to setting requested in house instructions. WINTER: Turn off all baseboard heating and/or lower thermostat heat.
Lost & Found: What if I accidentally left something at the property after my stay?
Fill out our online Lost & Found Form and we will make every effort to find the lost items and return them to you. However, we cannot be responsible for items left behind and we cannot guarantee items reported will be returned. Items that are unclaimed after 30 days will be donated to a local charity.