What are the vacation rental seasons?
High Season / Summer is late-May to mid-September. Most of our vacation rental properties require a minimum of seven nights during the high season. Our standard arrival date is Saturday.
Off-Season / Fall, Winter & Spring is mid-September through to just before the next late-May. Many of our properties rent for longer periods (i.e. minimum of one month) in the off-season, although some homes are available to rent by the week or by the night (3 night minimum). Higher rates may prevail for shorter term and winter holiday rentals. For more information contact an Atlantic Vacation Homes Guest Experience Specialist.
What is the process for making payments?
Payments for offline reservations can be made by check, wire transfers, cash and credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover accepted). Online reservations require a credit card.
- Atlantic Vacation Homes charges a non-refundable Guest Services Fee at the time the reservation is confirmed. The amount of the Guest Services Fee is variable by property.
- The Guest Experience Specialist will send you an electronic rental Agreement by the next business day after your reservation request.
- The rental agreement must be signed and returned to Atlantic Vacation Homes within 48 hours of receipt, accompanied by payment for half the total rent including the damage fee (see below).
- Optional CSA Vacation Rental Insurance is offered as part of the initial deposit. Trip cancellation insurance keeps you from losing your vacation rental investment if you need to cancel for a covered reason, such as injury or illness. Guests opting not to purchase travel Insurance should be aware that refunds may not be available; therefore we strongly encourage all renters to purchase trip cancellation insurance. Learn more about trip cancellation insurance.
- The balance of the rent must be paid 60 days prior to occupancy. The contract will specify all due dates and amounts.
What if I need to change my reservation?
Most of our weekly vacation rental properties are rented from Saturday to Saturday. If the reservation is changed at the guest’s request, AVH will charge an additional $100 Change Fee.
Do you collect a security deposit?
In most circumstances, Atlantic Vacation Homes does not collect a security deposit on rentals less than ninety days.
What is the Damage Fee?
AVH charges a non-refundable damage fee. The damage fee covers a maximum of 10 times the amount of the fee (for example, a damage fee of $100 covers up to a total of $1,000 of accidental damage per rental). The guest shall be responsible for damage exceeding the covered total. Depending on the property, the damage fee ranges from $100 to $300 and is listed in your Booking Charges summary in the Rental Agreement.
What is the cancellation policy?
If the guest cancels, and has Vacation Rental (trip cancellation) Insurance, they will be issued a refund for any cancellation reason that is covered by the insurance. If the guest cancels, and does NOT have Vacation Rental (trip cancellation) Insurance, all amounts pre-paid are non-refundable unless the property can be re-rented. If re-rented, AVH will deduct a 25% cancellation fee based on the total rent, and will return the balance to the guest. We encourage all renters to purchase trip cancellation insurance, which we offer at the time of booking. Learn more about trip cancellation insurance.
What is CSA Vacation Rental Insurance?
Trip cancellation insurance can protect you and your family from expenses you may incur due to illness, injuries, weather, and other unforeseen circumstances. For your convenience and protection we are able to include the cost of CSA Vacation Rental Insurance, at 6.95% of the total rent. Details of the plan are available by calling CSA Travel Protection at 866-999-4018 or by visiting the CSA website: http://www.csatravelprotection.com/certpolicy.do (group plan code G-320CSA) for additional information.
When is check-in and check-out?
The guest is required to check in after 3:00 p.m. and check out by 10:00 a.m. so that the property can be readied for the next guests. Guests will be charged an additional fee of $75 if they fail to depart by 10:00 am without prior approval by AVH.
Can I bring a pet?
Pets may only be accomdated in a Pet-Friendly property. In pet-friendly properties, there is a non-refundable pet fee of $250 per pet. For the comfort, health and safety of all of our guests and homeowners, there are certain restrictions that apply to our Pet-Friendly Properties. Learn more.
What if I am allergic to pets?
If anyone in your group has any sensitivity to pets, general allergies or special needs of any kind, please contact a Guest Experience Specialist before reserving a property, so we may help you find the most comfortable property for you.
If you are having trouble getting a quote, or have any questions, please contact us or call us toll-free at (855) 853-9143.