Updated: January 7, 2022
Atlantic Vacation Homes is excited to welcome you back to your favorite escape.
Effective May 29, 2021, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts lifted all COVID-19 restrictions, however, mask requirements remain in place in certain spaces. Please note that as the state, cities, and towns carefully reopen, local businesses may still require masks to be worn indoors for the safety of their staff and customers. On December 21, 2021, the Baker-Polito Administration issued a mask advisory for vaccinated and unvaccinated residents to wear a mask or face covering in indoor, public spaces. Read the full press release here.
In March 2020, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts temporarily restricted lodging and other businesses to ensure the safety of our communities during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Commonwealth is following a 4-Phase Reopening Plan. Vacation rentals were re-opened in Phase 2, which started on June 8th, 2020. Massachusetts is currently fully opened as of May 29, 2021. View the Baker-Polito Administration reopening phased plan here.
While many of the recent COVID-19 policies and procedures are consistent with the state's guidelines, there are some local regulations that you will also need to "know before you go." There are also some Atlantic Vacation Homes policies that have changed for this year. We have put together this page as a handy resource for you as you plan your next vacation.
Vacation Smart: Use this guide to plan your next Atlantic Vacation Homes vacation as we begin "the new normal."
- Guests From Out-of-State
- Masks or Face Coverings
- Updated Check-in and Check-Out Times
- What to Bring (New Info for 2021)
- Cleaning and Safety
- Beaches & Recreation
- Local Restaurants
- What You Can Do To Stay Healthy During Your Visit
On June 15, 2021, the Commonwealth ended the state of emergency.
- In Massachusetts, if you are fully vaccinated, you can resume activities that you did prior to the pandemic. Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
- Travelers are encouraged to consult and follow the CDC’s guidelines and requirements for travel.
All Atlantic Vacation Homes rentals allow for "remote check-in" at the property. For 2021, we have adjusted our check-in and check-out times to accommodate our extensive cleaning protocols. Check-in will be at 4 pm (and not 3 pm). Check-out will be at 10 am. Our ability to accept early check-in or late check-outs will be limited. We appreciate your cooperation and consideration in honoring our check-in and check-out times. View our policies on checking in and checking out.
On December 21, 2021: In response to the spread of the Delta variant and the emerging Omicron variant, the Department of Public Health now advises that all residents, regardless of vaccination status, wear a mask or face covering when indoors (and not in your own home). The DPH particularly urges this recommendation if you have a weakened immune system, or if you are at increased risk for severe disease because of your age or an underlying medical condition, or if someone in your household has a weakened immune system, is at increased risk for severe disease, or is unvaccinated. Read the full press release here.
Effective July 30, 2021, the Commonwealth issued a new mask advisory. The Department of Public Health has issued a new mask advisory consistent with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s updated guidance. View more information about the state's mask guidance.
- Masks are still mandatory for all individuals on public and private transportation systems (including rideshares, livery, taxi, ferries, MBTA, Commuter Rail and transportation stations), in healthcare facilities and in other settings hosting vulnerable populations, such as congregate care settings.
- For unvaccinated travelers, it is advised by the State's Public Health Department to continue to wear masks or face coverings in indoor settings when social distancing is not available.
For more information on current town-specific guidance, view the official town websites linked below.
- View Rockport's Covid-19 related regulations. In Rockport, masks are required at all times in the Downtown District (see this map for detail).
- View Gloucester's Covid-19-related regulations
- View Manchester-by-the-Sea's Covid-19-related regulations
- View Essex's Covid-19-related regulations
- View Beverly's Covid-19-related regulations
In addition to masks or face coverings for each person in your group, Atlantic Vacation Homes is asking guests to bring their own beach towels this year. You do not need to bring linens, blankets, or bath towels. View the complete list of what is included in your vacation rental and what you need to bring with you.
Atlantic Vacation Homes has extremely high standards for cleanliness in our properties and our goal is always to ensure the health and safety for our guests, our homeowners, and our staff. While we have always taken the proper precautions and employed comprehensive cleaning procedures between each guest stay, we have now developed even more rigorous sanitization and disinfection protocols following guidelines laid out by the World Health Organization, CDC, EPA, and the Vacation Rental Housekeeping Professionals (VRHP). Michelle Williams, Atlantic Vacation Homes' General Manager, is the Chairperson of the VRHP Council and is on the Board of the Vacation Rental Management Association (VRMA) and also played a key role in developing the VRMA's new SafeHome program, placing Atlantic Vacation Homes at the leading edge of the vacation rental industry's standards and best practices.
You may also rest assured that our bedding, linens and towels are professionally cleaned in a commercial laundry that can provide the high water temperature, cleansing agents, and sanitization needed for proper laundering. Residential machines and over-the-counter laundry soaps are not the proper way to care for linens used for accommodations. We know this is an unconventional time, but we hope our commitment to providing the most well-maintained and clean properties gives you peace of mind.
Current beach and public park regulations differ per town. Privately managed recreational areas, such as Trustees of Reservations and Essex Greenbelt properties, are open and urge visitors to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Gloucester Beaches & Parks
- Rockport beaches are open without restrictions.
- Manchester-by-the-Sea Beaches & Parks
- Essex Beaches
- Beverly Beaches & Parks
Please note that a number of local events and festivals have been canceled or postponed. Some events may still take place in August and beyond. We will post more information on this when we have additional information. In the meantime, check Discover Gloucester's event calendar for updates on Cape Ann events.
Restaurants started to provide outdoor table service at the commencement of Phase 2 as per the Commonwealth’s Reopening Plan and are now also able to provide indoor table service. Lists of restaurants that are open for business can be found below.
Your property will be clean and sanitized prior to your arrival. As has been recommended by many authorities, you can dramatically reduce your risk of catching or spreading the disease by adhering to these practices:
- Frequent (and thorough) handwashing; basic soap and water and alcohol-based hand sanitizers both work to kill viruses that may be on your hands
- Social distancing in public (staying 6 or more feet apart)
- Wearing masks or other face coverings
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth as much as possible.
Atlantic Vacation Homes is committed to providing a clean, comfortable, and safe atmosphere where our valued guests can relax and finally have the vacation they deserve.
|||Atlantic Vacation Homes is the premier vacation home rental & real estate company on Boston's North Shore, with over 30 years of creating dream vacations for our guests. Situated a little more than a half-hour’s drive from downtown Boston, the North Shore is the ideal spot for an east coast vacation. We specialize in coastal vacation rentals for families, large groups, and anyone else who wants a beach vacation in Massachusetts.|