Are you as passionate about vacations as we are? We’re on the lookout for talented and enthusiastic individuals to join our growing team.
Atlantic Vacation Homes, located in Gloucester, MA, is the premier vacation rental company north of Boston. Our mission is to exceed the expectations of our guests and homeowners, providing high-quality accommodations, professional property management and excellent customer service.
When we hire, we seek energetic team players with integrity, professionalism and motivation who can contribute to our success and growth. To apply for a position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GUEST EXPERIENCE SPECIALIST
The Guest Experience Specialist’s primary responsibility is to capture as many reservations as possible by utilizing effective selling techniques. This position books guest reservations, assists with guest relations, provides customer service, schedules services and performs other duties to ensure that guests are rewarded with an exceptional experience. In this position strong communication and telephone skills are essential including: a good telephone voice, proper English usage, and the ability to "project" oneself over the phone. This position is paid a base salary plus incentives (which start after 90 days of full-time employment).
- Sales Skills – Establishes rapport and trust while identifying needs of others
- Customer Focus – Ability to anticipate, discover, understand and meet the needs of customers
- Strong Interpersonal Communication – Works well with others and resolves conflict with tact and diplomacy
- Attention to Detail – Successfully manages many small tasks / projects with an eye for details
- Flexibility –Is able to complete tasks in a changing environment
- Personal Energy – Exhibits passion for their work. Possesses a positive and upbeat attitude at all times
- Stress Management – Maintains focus and positive attitude amidst change or under pressure
- Initiative – Can work in a self-directed manner, using good judgment and driving toward shared goals
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required, College degree preferred
- 1-3 years business experience / hospitality industry a plus
- Proficient with using Microsoft Office Products, email systems and understands data entry
- Ability to use arithmetic skills, calculator by touch to accurately complete work and calculations
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekend work required
- Personal knowledge of the communities in which our homes are located, restaurants, shopping, and guest resources
The Property Services Manager is a hands-on position fully accountable for the appearance, inventory, cleanliness, maintenance, and overall in-home guest experience for a portfolio of 80-100 vacation rental properties. Additionally, this position is responsible for maintaining the property’s good condition and identifying opportunities for improvement. Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to follow-up in a timely manner are critical to managing these activities to Atlantic Vacation Homes’ high quality standards. Responsibilities will include an equal combination of office and field work, with weekend hours required in the summer high season.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the processes and people related to all vacation rental property turnover activities: cleaning, inspection, trash removal, linen delivery & removal, and laundry.
- Hire, train, schedule, coordinate, and manage staff and contractors for the above property turnover activities.
- Find solutions to guest concerns in regards to property condition and resolve in a timely manner to ensure guest satisfaction with management.
- When upkeep or maintenance issues arise, schedule and coordinate appropriate maintenance activities. Attain quotes/bids from vendors as needed when solutions are beyond the scope of the internal staff.
- Evaluate work and repair quality performed by internal technicians or outside vendors to confirm that their work meets/exceeds Atlantic Vacation Homes standards.
- Monitor properties for potential safety concerns, and follow through with corrective action. Ensure proper response and documentation of all emergencies at properties within company guidelines to minimize liabilities.
- Schedule and coordinate pre-season property readiness activities and post-season “close down” activities, including deep cleanings, maintenance/repair, appliance testing, lockbox installation/removal, etc.
- Oversee quantity and assure quality of inventory items in each property, replacing items as needed, and notify and invoice the homeowner.
- Participate in the after hours phone program as needed or assigned.
- When onboarding new properties, ensure all required processes and procedures are completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare, implement and optimize procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
Homeowner & Guest Services
- Provide courteous and professional customer service to the guests and homeowners of Atlantic Vacation Homes.
- Perform annual property evaluations and prepare recommendations for homeowners to enhance property marketability.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand financial and customer relationship goals, and operate assets in Atlantic Vacation Homes’ best interest on behalf of the owner.
- Ensure distribution of all company or property-issued notices (i.e., Bad weather, emergency, etc.)
Documentation & Reporting
- Accurately maintain current property and owner information files in appropriate systems.
- Ensure all property-related documentation is accurate, complete, and submitted on a timely basis and open invoices or work orders are closed out by month end.
- Review Guest feedback related to the standards of properties and ensure resolution of issues. Document Guest feedback for trends relating to property, furnishings, or condition for communication with the homeowner.
- Maintain and review open Service Orders on a weekly basis, and review/audit monthly service order billing for accuracy prior to close of month and owner statements.
- Maintain and supervise inventory control for the Atlantic Vacation Homes stockroom, the key room and lockboxes.
- Fully comprehend and utilize all relevant technologies utilized in Atlantic Vacation Homes.
- Project Management - Demonstrates the ability to work within timelines, company structures and budgets for successful completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- Analytical Skills - Creates insightful and comprehensible reports on findings.
- Stress Management - Accepts pressure and maintains composure and perspective in tense situations.
- Negotiation Skills - Successfully closes negotiations achieving best possible outcomes for company.
- Results Focus - Exhibits commitment to goals and consistently delivers results. Demonstrates personal initiative and independent motivation to achieve goals and objectives. Works as hard and long as needed to achieve results.
- Detail Orientation/Accuracy - Verifies all work; recognizes flaws or errors others may overlook. Successfully manages many small tasks or processes with many details.
- Managerial Focus - Demonstrates task and priority management and sound decision making by taking into consideration the homeowner, guest, and company needs to accomplish objectives and deadlines of the department. Spends sufficient time managing projects, establishing expectations, enlisting support of fellow team members and following through with team project involvement.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in relevant fields (real estate, property management, interior design, hotels/resorts, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 1 year managing budgets preferred.
- Availability to work a varied schedule, which will include holidays, weekends, overtime, and after hours phone program as needed.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word and Excel
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Personal transportation
- Ability to solve complex problems
- An eye for aesthetics and design would be highly preferred.
The Acquisition Specialist is directly responsible for acquiring and developing vacation rental property relationships and helping to drive our growth locally and in new markets. This includes everything from networking, sourcing and identifying leads, proactively developing and managing a full pipeline of prospective sales, and following through to close those sales. The Acquisition Specialist role is fiscally treated as an independent contractor by Atlantic Vacation Homes and is ideal for a goal-driven individual seeking income based on measurable results.
- Develop a strong pipeline of vacation rental property leads through referrals networks, direct mail, cold calling, real estate transactions and personal networks.
- Negotiate agreements with property owners who are eager to offer world-class accommodations, services and amenities that are necessary to satisfy our guests.
- Acquire properties in desired locations that meet our company-defined standards for exceptional condition, cleanliness, and amenities.
- Educate property owners on the benefits of partnering with Atlantic Vacation Homes.
- Maintain homeowner and property information as well as sales activity accurately in sales management system (CRM) and report on sales performance data including key performance criteria,
- Travel throughout the North Shore for the purpose of property inspection and analysis and entering into in-person contract negotiation with property owners.
- You must be a superbly polished negotiator with a proven record of success in consultative sales.
- Impeccable professional communication skills and fluent business level English (written and spoken) are required.
- Knowledge and understanding of Boston’s North Shore and its markets.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- College degree preferred.
- 3-6 years sales experience / hospitality industry a plus. Work experience with successful contract and pricing negotiations in travel, hospitality, real estate or a relevant industry. References requested.
- Fluency with using Microsoft Office products, email systems and CRM software.
- Professional appearance, positive attitude, strong work ethic & personal integrity.
- Motivation to work in a self-directed manner with a small, entrepreneurial team in a fast growing company.
- Must own an automobile for business travel.
- Ability to work flexible hours, some weekend work required.