Every year, Atlantic Vacation Homes has the wonderful experience of getting to know our first-time guests and welcoming back our returning guests. Part of the joy of the travel season is getting to experience the wonders of Cape Ann through their eyes. Sharing our love for the area is part of what makes our job special!
To that end, we get great satisfaction from hearing all about how much guests enjoyed themselves on Cape Ann and at our vacation rental properties. We have found that certain amenities and features are mentioned again and again in our reviews. Here are the top six things guests loved about their Cape Ann vacations with Atlantic Vacation Homes.
1. Being Able to Rent a Vacation Home So Close to the Ocean
- "My family have been long time vacationers to Rockport. We have stayed in many locations but The Cable House is by far our favorite. The location can't be beat. It's as close to the ocean as you can get without being actually in the ocean. Listening to the waves crash over the pebbles at night makes for an easy way to get to sleep. The very short walk to Cape Hedge Beach is wonderful, no need to drive."
- "The Eagle's Nest located right on the water on Plum Island is a perfect place to get your family together. Plenty of room for everyone! Walk out the back door and you're on the beach. Perfect for fishing, sunning, swimming and flying kites as well as walking the beach. If you don't like the sand there is a beautiful deck off the first floor."
- "There is a great patio area out back for outside dining with a view of the ocean." (Rockport Seaside Retreat)
- "There were beaches nearby, the ocean just down the street with tide pools, fishing, and a rocky coast for exploration." (Ships Bell House)
- "We have been staying at Long Beach House for over 5yrs. We love being so close to the beach and the cottage has everything you need to relax and have fun."
- "What a view! We enjoyed sitting on the deck every evening and watching the lighthouses come to life." (Annetti's Watch)
The view of Pebble Beach from inside Cable House.
2. Travelers Love Having the Amenities of Home
- "The kitchen has the best equipment making it fun to cook, however, there are a couple of good eating places within walking distance if you so desire. A washer and dryer on the first floor make it easy to keep up with the beach towels." (Eagle's Nest)
- "The house had an open flair but felt very comfy. It came with all the amenities needed for a perfect vacation especially a beautiful wrap around deck for coffee in the morning and wine in the afternoon." (Sea Fox House)
- "It's a very nice house but child friendly, comfortable and fully equipped with all that it takes to keep kids (and adults) occupied. When not at the beach, a tennis court with basketball hoops, a horseshoe pit and a large yard for playing as well as a large indoor playroom with ping pong kept all the cousins and their parents busy. We highly recommend this property for families." (Bell View)
- "Two Beaches Cottage is a lovely property and was the perfect location to host a reunion for my family. The cottage kitchen is well equipped for preparing and enjoying meals. The living room, sunroom, front and back deck areas, in home washer/dryer, and bbq & yard are all wonderful features. We appreciated the beach chairs and beach towels."
- "Our family stayed at Beachmont for our son's wedding. It was a wonderful home for our entire family. It is spacious and very comfortable. My favorite room was the kitchen. We spent many hours around the kitchen [which] had all the conveniences of home."
The kitchen at Beachmont.
3. Staying Together as a Family is Priceless
- "Family vacation at Sea Vagabond Cottage. 7 adults, three grand kids and the family dog. Second time using this property. Everything was as it should be."
- "We stayed for a weeks vacation with our oldest son, daughter in law and 2 grandsons and had a wonderful stay. The location on a dead end street in a quiet neighborhood was ideal for a family vacation." (Ships Bell House)
- "The house was wonderful for our family reunion with 10 people. The large lawn going down to the rocks on the water was a great place for outdoor activities. The screened porch overlooking the ocean provided a beautiful location for many activities." (Point de Chene)
- "Long Beach House is a casual house, just perfect for large families. It was comfortable for seven children-some of them young adults-and for the parents and grandmother. It is a very short walk to the beach, where the children loved the waves and the tide pools with crabs."
- "My five daughters, their spouses and eleven grandchildren had a beautiful week at Bell View in late June. We loved the house, Good Harbor Beach and Gloucester in general."
- "This was the fourth year my 90+ year old mom has invited her three children and spouses to join her for a week at Pigeon Cove. We have loved every visit. We have quiet time, puzzles, wonderful food, good conversation and relax away from the business of daily life."
- "Three generations of family enjoyed this spacious house, which was more a well loved home than a vacated vacation rental." (Mon Altre Cove House)
Bell View sleeps up to 16, making it a top choice for larger family groups.
4. Cape Ann is an Amazing Setting for a Spectacular Vacation
- "The view is breathtaking and it has one of the most beautiful sunset that we have ever seen." (Clamshell Landing)
- "The house is a few steps from a sandy beach, and has amazing views - you can see the ocean and the marshes behind the dunes. Amazing sunsets and sunrises!" (Captain's Cottage)
- "We LOVED the house with the beautiful porches surrounding the home. The views and sunsets are spectacular!" (Annisquam Singing Pines)
- "We spent a lot of time on the deck just looking at the water, birds, sky, and boats. The sunsets were magnificent as were the stars." (River Breezes)
- "This is a wonderful location right on the Atlantic Ocean. Large windows face east for a dramatic sunrise every day. Looking to the South you see a panoramic sea view of the Town of Rockport. At night the lights of the town twinkle through the trees as you sit on the deck." (Poet's Cove)
- "We were there for the August meteor showers which we could view right from our balcony." (Sea Vagabond Cottage)
Sunrise over the Atlantic at Point de Chene.
5. Finding a "Home Away From Home" to Return to Again and Again is a Joy
- "We absolutely love Waters Edge on Goose Cove in Gloucester! This was our second vacation there, and we hope to be able to come next year! The property is beautiful, the view unbelievable, the town charming, and the house so very comfortable."
- "Our tenth summer at Spindrift - and another sparkler! Spindrift has provided enduring memories for my son, daughter, their families, and me, as well as for extended family and friends over these years. It has been a gem with its setting, views, space, location to Old Garden Beach, town, and more, and we've been most grateful. Its blessing continues with us all through the years!"
- "I stay here every year and love the house and the location. Had another great time with the family." (Pigeon Cove)
- "This was our third year at Sunrise on the Cove and remains as one of our favorite locations for a peaceful, beautiful vacation."
- "Spectacular view and soothing surf sounds from a fabulous Golden-friendly home away from home. Will be returning in the future." (Cable House)
- "Great property. 4th or 5th year we've rented. I'm already signed up for 2018." (Seaside House)
See for yourself what our guests love about Pigeon Cove and other Atlantic Vacation Homes properties.
6. Guests Appreciate Our Highly Professional Staff
- "The property and managers surpassed our expectations. We would definitely book again."
- "Prior to our arrival, we communicated a couple times with AVH, and the staff there were always very helpful with information about this specific property as well as local knowledge of the area."
- "The rental agent provided excellent customer service when we called to ask questions. We will definitely return."
- "Atlantic Vacation Homes employees are very professional and always helpful."
- " Rental company was extremely helpful, answered our questions, even gave great advice on the best way to take public transportation to Boston."
- " I appreciated dealing with an actual rental agent not just a website that says someone owns a property."
- "I have been renting vacation homes for seven years and this one was by far the best experience ever. From the home itself to the rental agents everything was first class and I would rent it again and deal with the people at AVH who were very helpful and professional."
- "Atlantic Vacation Homes was incredible to rent through. Their prompt response to our questions made the booking process seamless and the app allowed us to have any information we may have needed right from our phones."
|||Atlantic Vacation Homes (AVH) is the premier vacation home rental & real estate company on Boston's North Shore, with over 30 years of creating dream vacations for our guests. Situated a little more than a half-hour’s drive from downtown Boston, the North Shore is the ideal spot for an east coast vacation. We specialize in coastal vacation rentals for families, large groups, and anyone else who wants a beach vacation in Massachusetts.|